I Heart TV

I love TV. You love TV. I love to read about TV. Hopefully, so do you.

10.27.2005

veronica mars: blast from the past (3.4)

Some thoughts on last night's episode:

- I'm really pleased with this latest development in Wallace and Veronica's relationship. Too often on TV shows the sidekick is nothing more than a sidekick, but I think that this season Wallace is really coming into his own. I thought Veronica was abrupt and insensitive (but not out of character) when all she said was "the parent who stays is the one who cares" by the lockers, and it's really rewarding to see Wallace call her (and Jackie) out on being too wrapped up in themselves to see what was going on with him. I don't know if I buy Wallace leaving town with Nathan though. Father or no father, he's still a stranger, and that's not exactly a safe move. Plus, what about school? Though maybe they were just going away for a weekend to get to know each other.

- Speaking of Jackie, this week we got our first hint that maybe she's not a cold heartless bitch when she was so upset about Wallace not going to the homecoming dance with her that she took some pills. And her scheme was pretty smart. Still, I hate her, and I don't like the hints this week that something may happen with her and Logan. It reminded me a little too much of Lord of the Bling.

- Duncan and Logan's reunion was the sweetest thing ever, but I wonder what will happen when Veronica finds out?

- Assuming Jackie was telling the truth about only feeding the psychic the stuff about the boob-enhancing cream (and I think she was, because she wanted Veronica to know that she had punked her, and the stuff about Lilly could have been said by anyone), why would the psychic say such a thing? It was a weird, disquieting moment.

- I think we saw a more evil side of Lamb last night. In the past his badness has mostly been about neglect, about not doing his job as sheriff and refusing to consider any solution but the easiest one and refusing to consider anything that contradicts his world view.

- When is Meg going to wake up? I checked imdb for as many episodes as they have listed (up to at least episode 9, if I remember correctly) and Alona Tal isn't listed for any of them. Is she ever going to wake up?

- I feel like we learned a lot in this episode, but I don't like how we've dropped the Casablancas storyline for two episodes in a row now. Wouldn't the kids be talking about it, especially Logan and Duncan when they hang out? I know more stuff about them must be coming up, but I would have liked, for example, if Duncan said to Logan "hey, you can even invite Dick and Beaver" and Logan could have shrugged and said "I don't think they're up for partying" or something like that.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is that what Jackie did? Maybe I didn't stop the TiVo in time but I had no idea why she was all wobblely at the dance. I mean, I assumed she was drunk or something but I never actually saw her do anything to get to that state.

    With Keith's book and notoriety from the Lily Kane murder case and Veronica's involvement, wouldn't it be fairly well-known that she solved the murder? At least in Neptune? Veronica solved her best friend's murder and it was all over the news. The book was a bestseller. The psychic's revelation didn't impress me in the least.

    I figure Meg isn't going to wake up. Wouldn't she be maimed beyond belief? She's also hooked up to a respirator, so I assume she's got a Terry Schiavo situation going on.

    Count me in on wanting a Dick and Beaver update. I know at Comic Con Rob Thomas said that not every regular would be in every episode this season, so that may explain their absence and Wallace's upcoming hiatus. It saves them money and allows for the large cast, too. Still, the other characters could at least mention the two.

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    When she got off the phone with Wallace, she reached for a prescription bottle of pills next to her bed, looking sad.

    We had a mini-debate about that in my house last night. I offered my theory that, as much as he possibly could, Keith would have kept Veronica out of the spotlight, especially since some of what she did was illegal or unethical. I wouldn't be surprised if the book really played down her part in the solving of the case, just so she could have a "normal life" again.

    But the thing that I thought was weird was that the psychic said that Lilly was pissed that V dated her boyfriend. Like, it makes sense that the psychic would mention Lilly, but why that specific thing? Just to be a bitch? I guess it is possible--who knows what Jackie told her about Veronica.

    I feel like they had to have kept Meg alive for a reason. I was wondering how she would have survived though--the only thing I can think of is that maybe she was thrown from the bus as it crashed on the rocks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home