I Heart TV

I love TV. You love TV. I love to read about TV. Hopefully, so do you.

7.19.2005

over there

My copy of Entertainment Weekly this week came with a promotional DVD for Over There, a new series premiering on FX on July 27 at 10 PM. I also saw this DVD in an issue of Time that we got at my office this week, and I'm wondering what other magazines had it (now that I think about it, it makes sense that EW and Time both had it, since they're both Time Warner properties.)

I think the DVD just has a few scenes (and maybe a battle?). I haven't watched it yet, and I may very well not, just because a war show is never going to be a show for me, but it's an interesting promotional tactic. From what I hear, the show's gotten decent reviews so far, and I'm wondering what kind of an effect this will have on viewership, and if that can even be measured accurately.

You know, if I could, I would love to burn DVDs of all my favorite shows for my friends to get them to watch, and I bet it would work, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home