I Heart TV

I love TV. You love TV. I love to read about TV. Hopefully, so do you.

7.18.2005

veronica mars news

I'm a little late on this, but Charisma Carpenter and Steve Guttenberg will be joining the cast of Veronica Mars. Charisma Carpenter is better known as Cordelia from Buffy and Angel, and Steve Guttenberg was in Three Men and a Baby and Police Academy, among many other movies that I watched while growing up. Charisma will play Kendall Casablancas, stepmother to Dick and Beaver, and appear in at least 6 episodes, while Steve will play Woody Goodman, a mayoral candidate who will appear in at least 7 episodes.

I support anything that brings more viewers to VM, but it makes me sad to think that maybe some of last season's regulars will appear less so that they can afford Charisma and Steve. I do think Charisma will make an awesome trophy wife, though.

In other Veronica Mars news, two things from E Online's Watch With Kristin:

And furthermore, a hearty "Hear! Hear!" to the words of my dear friend, Lost boss Damon Lindelof, who returned my congratulatory email with: "Thanks so much for all your kind words and support! P.S. I think Veronica Mars got shafted."


Nice to hear. Kristin also names VM as her number one "summer show to watch." She also tells us that Logan will be in every episode next season (yay!). However, she has reneged on her initial report that someone would leave after episode 5 or 6 (a pretty widely circulated rumor until Rob Thomas, exec producer, shot it down in a TV Guide interview) and now says the person will leave after approximately 12 episodes. Kristin is right more than she's wrong, but I have to say I have my doubts here, just because she was wrong the first time. (Although that might not have been her fault...a gossip is only as good as her sources.) Later on, she says it's not Weevil, though he is down to 12 episodes from 16. And we've already learned it's not Logan. Duncan? Aw, Duncan.

Also? I want Kristin's job. Dream job.

Also, last night I hosted a little Veronica Mars viewing party and I was so happy to see that my two friends loved the show, even asking to watch three episodes instead of the planned two. Since we've seen episodes 1 (Logan fucks up Veronica's car), 6 (Logan arranges boxing matches between drunk homeless people) and 10 (Logan makes racist comments to Weevil), they currently think Logan is an asshole. Little do they know!

I will not rest until everyone I know watches this show!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home