I Heart TV

I love TV. You love TV. I love to read about TV. Hopefully, so do you.

7.12.2005

the shame of the real world

Times when last week's episode of Real World Austin made me ashamed to be a woman, and then ashamed to be someone in my 20's, and then ashamed to be a human being:

1. When two random girls in a bar shouted "get a prettier girl!" to wes as he sat on the couch with rachel. Rachel is very pretty! Also, what kind of asshole would say that? (Oh, wait. An asshole who wanted to be on television. Willingness to be an asshole to get on TV makes me so sad. Unless these girls were already assholes. Then I'm sad in a different way.)

2. When Wes declared "I'm drunk, so now I can tell you that I like you" to Johanna.

3. When Johanna told Rachel that guys don't like her (Rachel) because she throws herself at them.

3a. When Johanna threw herself at a bartender she had just met, made him do a body shot off her, and made out with him, all while he was AT WORK. then she declares to a friend on the phone that she is in love with him.

There were more moments, but I think I've blocked them out. I think I'm getting old.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are not getting old. My friends and I just watch this show in disgust, yet continue to watch and make a point to go over to my bf's to watch it. The only person we like is Neomiah.

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're not old, but you're also not dumb.

    I, too, only like Nehemiah. I'm trying to decide if I hate Melinda or Johanna more. I'm leaning toward Johanna.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    I hate Johanna more. Mostly because I feel like she is smarter than the way she is acting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home