I Heart TV

I love TV. You love TV. I love to read about TV. Hopefully, so do you.

7.05.2005

celebreality

I've never seen an episode of The Surreal Life, but that'll change come this Sunday (or shortly thereafter on Tivo.) The show has never appealed to me; part of the problem of a show filled with has-beens (or those who never were) is that sometimes people are has-beens for a reason. But Janice Dickinson and her frankness have grown on me after watching America's Next Top Model, and so I've set the Tivo to tape episode 1, though I've never even heard of Carey Hart or Caprice and I think it will make me a little bit sad to see Balki Bartokomus embarrass himself. Word has it he hits on anything with a pulse. Oh Balki, how far you've fallen.

On the other hand, I'm pretty psyched about Celebrity Fit Club, though I've never seen an episode of that, either. At least celebrities will be improving themselves AND making asses out of themselves, instead of just the latter. Plus, one of the celebrity fatties is Phil Margera, father of Bam Margera, who I grew to love while watching Viva La Bam. Most of my favorite Viva La Bam moments featured Phil, such as when Bam ironed pictures of hamburgers onto all of Phil's clothes, or when Bam organized "Don't Feed Phil Day," putting up billboards all over town with Phil's face on them instructing citizens of West Chester not to feed Phil.

But sorry Hulk Hogan, I will not be watching Hogan Knows Best. I can only do so much when it comes to watching former celebrities look silly.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i totally have watchd both the surreal life AND celebrity fit club. both are awesome terrible trainwrecks from which i cannot look away.

    much like chaotic. and that horrifying bobby brown show. cannot. change. channel.

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    you watched bobby brown? how was it?

    see, i think chaotic actually crossed over, past "so good it's really good," and "so bad it's good" into "so bad that it's actually really, really bad." as you know i can sit through much crap and even i couldn't sit through that.

    it had no story! it was like a bad postmodern movie about trailer trash.

     
  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger Zulfiqar Ali Butt said…

    Dear, ... Its a beutiful contribution. Keep it up. It attracted many here in the USA. yours. Ben Zab

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    thanks, ben zab

     

Post a Comment

<< Home