I Heart TV

I love TV. You love TV. I love to read about TV. Hopefully, so do you.

7.19.2005

books to tv

A few weeks ago, I picked up a copy of The Dive from Clausen's Pier, a 2002 novel that had been recommended to me a long time ago by a friend. Turns out that this Sunday the movie version will air on Lifetime. I'm only about a third of the way through the book right now, but I'm still annoyed that Michelle Trachtenberg will be playing the part of Carrie. She just seems too young and goofy to play Carrie. I hated her as Dawn, Buffy's little sister, on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I might be carrying a personal grudge, since Michelle grew up in my neighborhood and was reportedly very snotty to the woman whose kids I baby-sat, a teacher at Michelle's elementary school. But maybe she'll surprise me. I didn't hate her as much on Six Feet Under. Though I'm preemptively pissed that they changed the name of the main character from Carrie Bell to Carrie Beal. And Mike is Mike Mayor instead of Mike Mayer. Why?

4 Comments:

  • At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i can totally see michelle trachtenburg in sheepshead bay and i've always totally imagined her to be bitchy. she almost reminds me a tiny bit of marissa.

    s

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    there actually is a slight physical resemblance.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you watch this? I thought it was weak, but that's expected for a Lifetime movie. Michelle Trachtenberg is definitely a subpar actress, and I was distracted by her exaggerated features and bland girlishness.

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    i haven't watched it yet...something conflicted with me tivoing the original airing, but i have it set to tivo the repeat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home