I Heart TV

I love TV. You love TV. I love to read about TV. Hopefully, so do you.

12.08.2005

one angry veronica (2:10)

Was it just me, or was this episode really not all that great? The past three episodes were my favorites of the season, and I was expecting this one to be just as good, especially since there won't be any new episodes until January 18.

- the sex tapes investigation: I know that this was a big deal, and that they might not be able to convict Aaron for Lilly's murder now, but I still felt like this was something of a non-issue. Yes, the tapes are gone. But Veronica, Duncan, Logan, Leo, several other people at the sheriff's office (presumably), and possibly other people have seen them. And, more importantly, the tapes don't really affect the prosecution of Aaron for the attempted murder of Veronica and the assault of Keith and the man whose house they were at. It's not like he can say that Veronica locked herself in that refrigerator and lit herself on fire from the outside. I think this means we're about to see more of Aaron's prosecution, now with no real proof that he was having an affair with Lilly, unless Weevil turns up with the secret that was inside the pen and they can analyze it for Lilly's handwriting.

- I was kind of bored by the jury storyline. Class tension! OMG! Like, we know already. But I did think it was a nice touch that Veronica was initially willing to acquit the 09ers.

- I thought for sure the baby wouldn't be Duncan's, but I was wrong. I'm a little disappointed that maybe Meg didn't really have a secret life, and that now she's dead. I wanted her bitchiness to be real, not the cause of hormones and sadness over seeing her baby's daddy with someone new. And I thought for sure when Meg asked Veronica to take care of her baby that it meant Meg was safe, so I was kind of surprised that she died. I think they could have done so much more with her character, but I didn't want to see a baby drama storyline, so I guess they had to kill her for a slightly less conventional baby drama storyline.

No new episodes till January! The horror.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think the problem with the tapes storyline was that it didn't feel epic enough. Instead of hammering home that Aaron Echolls could go free, they focused on Logan dealing with his daddy and women issues. That took away a lot of the punch that the story could have had.

    The jury duty deal was tedious. People are assholes. We get it. I liked seeing The Todd from Scrubs, though.

    There really was an overall "meh" feeling to the episode that was touted as epic. However, I did cheer out loud when Wallace came to the door.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    ooh i read that too about kristin. i doubt it'll help in the ratings, but who knows? at least when they do stunt casting on vm it's a little creative/funny, like paris hilton playing a skank whore or kristin c playing a lesbian cheerleader

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home