I Heart TV

I love TV. You love TV. I love to read about TV. Hopefully, so do you.

9.13.2005

tuesday

Tuesday!

8:00 PM
According to Jim/Rodney (ABC)
NCIS (CBS)
The Biggest Loser (NBC)
Bones (FOX)
Gilmore Girls (WB)
America's Next Top Model repeat (UPN)

I know a lot of people who love Gilmore Girls, and I've watched a few episodes, but I still can't get over my horror at Rory and Lorelai's relationship enough to enjoy the show. No one talks like that to her mother. I like David Boreanaz, and I've heard mixed reviews of Bones, so I may try to check it out at some point. But I'll be watching The Biggest Loser. I only hope that real people are as compelling as those on Celebrity Fit Club. Plus, watching weight-loss shows always makes me feel better about my own health habits.

9:00 PM
Commander in Chief (ABC)
The Amazing Race (CBS)
My Name is Earl/The Office (NBC)
House (FOX)
Supernatural (WB)
Sex, Love & Secrets (UPN)

This is a tough hour. I can immediately rule out Sex, Love & Secrets (too cheesy) and Commander in Chief (too boring.) I love horror movies, so I'm intrigued by Supernatural, but it also has the potential to be cheesy/not scary. House has gotten so many good reviews, and I am curious, but something about it just can't lure me in. The real contest for me here is between My Name is Earl and the Amazing Race. I love Jason Lee, and people are saying this could be the sitcom that saves comedy. Plus, I do like comedies where the main character isn't totally sympathetic. But the winner for me here is Amazing Race. I've never been a regular watcher, but every time I catch an episode, I wish I was. Last season it was up against Veronica Mars, so there was no way in hell I was going to watch it, but I've been waiting all summer to start watching it this season.

10:00 PM
Boston Legal (ABC)
Close to Home (CBS)
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC)

Nothing much here. I love SVU, but it's hard to make it appointment television when it's on 87 times a week on USA.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:56 PM, Blogger Marc said…

    I think it's time your readers chipped in and bought a second TV and VCR for you. You shouldn't have to choose between My Name is Earl and The Amazing Race! Watch both.

    My TV issue of Entertainment Weekly arrived yesterday - more than a week late. Scanning through it made me way too excited for the new fall season.

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    see, i sort of do have a second tv and vcr. my roommate has a little tv with built-in vcr in her room, but we only get broadcast channels in there, and i don't want to constantly be having her tape stuff for me. but if she likes stuff too she will tape it, which will probably happen with my name is earl.

    mine came late, too! only 2 days though. right before i got it, i was at the gym and saw someone else with it, and i was FURIOUS at the thought that it had gotten lost in the mail.

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Norman Rose said…

    sometimes i get home and i realize there is a reason i have seriously curtailed my television watching (yes, i know. anaethema to this blog). but last night i caught the second half of bones and wow. it sucks a golf ball through a garden hose.

    i almost want to see supernatural but it's obvious it's one tree hill in the dark. or worse, north shore in the dark (which obviously would have no merit).

    and my name is earl... well, again, i am trying not to be addicted to television.

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    I think it's more like OTH in the dark than north shore, since it does have the whole brothers angle.

    sometimes i do think i watch too much tv, but then i wonder, what else would i be doing?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home