I Heart TV

I love TV. You love TV. I love to read about TV. Hopefully, so do you.

9.11.2005

sunday tv preview

This is the first of my fall previews! Welcome. I'll be doing one per day. Today is Sunday. (I would also like to plug last week's Entertainment Weekly, which has a very nice fall preview that I savor a little bit each day on my lunch hour.)

Sunday!

8:00 PM
Extreme Makeover Home Edition (ABC)
Cold Case (CBS)
The West Wing (NBC)
The Simpsons/The War at Home (FOX)
Charmed (WB)

I've only heard terrible things about The War at Home, but I'm giving it a chance because I like Michael Rappaport. It seems like a typical family sitcom, and I tend to not like typical family sitcoms. I'm guessing I won't watch it past the first week. My new boss gave Cold Case a pretty glowing review, so I think I'll give it a shot even though I'm not that into procedurals. I'll watch The Simpsons if I happen to be sitting in front of the television, but 8 PM isn't a big time for me. Nothing will get the tivo. Extreme Makeover will undoubtedly win the time slot.

9:00 PM
Desperate Housewives (ABC)
CBS Sunday Movie (CBS)
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC)
Family Guy/American Dad (FOX)
Blue Collar TV (WB)

I HATE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES. I really gave it a try, but I find it boring. I hate shows that feature crazy things happening in suburbia and everyone being so shocked about it. Picket Fences did it a million years ago and did it way better than DH ever could. That being said, Alfre Woodard is becoming a regular this season as a woman living with her son who has a secret. I am going to bet right now that the secret is that she and her son are having sex. Mark my words. I'll be tivoing Family Guy, of course. Some episodes in the recent season fell flat, but some (like the one with Cleveland and Loretta's affair) have been even better than the old ones. I may also check in with Criminal Intent, but only on the weeks that Chris Noth is on, reprising his role as Mike Logan from the original Law & Order.

10:00 PM
Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
Crossing Jordan (NBC)

I watched Grey's once and didn't hate it, but I also wasn't very impressed. Nothing for me in this time slot.

So as you can see, Sunday isn't a big night for me. What will you guys be watching?

3 Comments:

  • At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    andy and i watched the war at home tonight because it was between the simpsons and family guy. BAD. so so bad. i mean, watch it to see for yourself, but BAD.

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Chris Fargis said…

    These previews are totally awesome. I can't wait for the rest of the week! I will watch football on Sunday night.

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    yay! i am glad you like them, chris.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home