I Heart TV

I love TV. You love TV. I love to read about TV. Hopefully, so do you.

5.23.2005

behind the scenes people with their silly names

from last week's American Idol recap on television without pity:

I get obsessed with names, like in the credits of TV shows. I don't even care who they play or what their role is on the show. Like "Bunim." I just hear it over and over in my head and I wonder how it's actually pronounced. Or Joey's sister Bessie, "Nina Repeta." Over and over and over. "Nina Repeta Nina Repeta Nina Repeta." Silently, of course. And so this season, being that I watch every second of every episode multiple times, I have now become completely obsessed with "Cecile Frot-Coutaz." What the hell is that? She's an Executive Producer, so I'm sure she's very nice and cool or whatever. Studio people are usually geniuses, and overly kind at that. But "Frot-Coutaz Frot-Coutaz Frot-Coutaz Bunim Bunim Bagdasarian Asaad Kelada Bunim." You know? Do you do that? Sorry. Anyway…


It's not quite the same thing, but my own personal name in the credits obsession is W.G. Snuffy Walden, composer of t.v. theme songs for such shows as My So-Called Life. In college, an RA in a friend's dorm showed all the episodes of MSCL, and I remember giggling to myself every time I saw W.G. Snuffy Walden on the screen. Snuffy! Hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home